Monday, January 13, 2014

Palmer {at 8 months}

 Tomorrow little Palmer will turn 9 months old! Don't grow up too fast little guy! 

We had his 9 month check up today and here are his stats: 

17 pounds 10 oz
27 7/8 inches

Just for fun, at the same age I weighed 17 lb 7 oz and was 27 inches long.  Beau weighed 17 lb 8 oz and was 27 4/5 inches long.

Palmer still has two little teeth, although his top two teeth are making their way in.  The top teeth have broken through the gum and are coming in more each day.  Interestingly, Beau had 8 teeth at 9 months old... 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. 

Palmer is still wearing size 3 diapers and 9-12 month clothes.  I will say that some larger sizes fit him as well.  The second picture below is size 12-18 months from Gymboree, and it fits well.  I feel like sizing varies so much by brand, so it can be hard to say an exact size.  

My mom and I had his feet measured in late December, and he wears a size 3 shoe.  So cute! 

Palmer is starting to eat a lot of table foods and seems to enjoy eating what the rest of us eat at dinner.  He has had quite a few things but his favorites seem to be eggs, cheerios, squash soup, noodles, and black beans.  Tonight we had faux fried rice...the "rice" was actually cauliflower that I grated on the cheese grater.  The rest of the recipe is pretty standard...sesame oil, soy sauce, peas, carrots, and eggs.  Palmer loved this dish! Lots of new flavors and sodium!    

He still hasn't quite mastered the sippy cup, but he sure has fun trying!  He can definitely drink out of it when I remove the no spill valve.  But then, of course, usually quite a bit of water spills.  When I leave the no spill valve in, he hasn't quite gotten the hang of it.  Sippy cups are so complex these days....so many options and variations.  I may just start giving him one just like Beau's, because that is the one he always wants. :) 

Palmer has been learning how to exert his personality recently, and is trying lots of different voices.  He really likes this new scream voice that the rest of us are not too fond of.  LOL! 

Speaking of voices, it is so fun to hear him babble.  I missed the babbling stage with Beau, so it is neat to hear Palmer experiment with his voice.  Love hearing him say babababa, mamama, dadadada, lalalalala, etc. 

Palmer isn't quite pulling up, but he sure does try.  He can get himself up onto his knees, but not all the way to standing.  It is so fun to just watch him grow and change.  I just can't believe it is happening so fast! 

One new thing that Palmer has learned in the last couple of weeks is how to get to a sitting position from laying down.  Instead of needing assistance to sit back up, he can do it all on his own.  I can tell he really likes this independence.  

Also this month Palmer has starting taking baths in the big tub.  We found a non-skid mat for the tub and he and Beau can now take baths together.  

We love you Palmer! We pray everyday that you will ask Jesus into your heart at a young age and follow after Him all the days of your life! Oh, and if you could learn how to fold your hands during prayers, that would be great! LOL! Beau thinks you aren't participating in prayers when your hands aren't folded and it bothers him a lot a little. Ha! 







your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished