Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cheers to 2014

I started the year off with my first cup of coffee in one of my dad's favorite coffee cups.  

My mom gave me and my sister, Angie, two of my dad's favorite cups.  The guys received some of my dad's favorite ties.  

I know that things carry very little value.  Especially now, I know it even more than ever.  But it is still really nice to have a special item that belonged to my dad.  I can just picture him sitting in the chair in the den drinking a cup of coffee.  Oh what I would do to just drink one cup of coffee with him.

When I received the cup, I wasn't sure if I was going to actually use it or not.  I debated just keeping it wrapped in tissue paper tucked away safely in a box.  I didn't want to risk it getting damaged or broken.    But when I woke up today, it just felt right to use it.  So I did.  Cheers dad!  I enjoyed my morning cup of coffee in your mug!

After I had a minute missing my dad, we moved on to ushering in the new year.  What a blessing that God gives us new years.  Fresh starts each year, each day.  New opportunities to love Him and love others.   
  
We made the morning special with an indoor picnic of scrambled egg sandwiches.  One thing my mom has always taught me is to make the little moments special.  I hope I can do a good job of passing this on to Beau and Palmer.  

Orange juice definitely tastes better in a fancy glass! 

After breakfast, we headed outside to trim some trees.  We bundled Palmer up and he supervised us while we worked. :) 

A little while later, we headed out for a walk! 





I have to say a HUGE thank you to Raleigh! He literally worked all day long on projects around the house.  It feels great knowing the trees are trimmed, the garage is cleaned up, and several other small projects got accomplished!  I know there was a lot of football on today that Raleigh would have loved to have watched.  Thanks Raleigh for all you did! 

We ended the day with our cute little monkey jumping on his bed! :) 

No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed from Raleigh Gresham on Vimeo.

Happy New Year! 
your photo name

1 comment :

  1. The monkeys on the bed are one of my nieces favorite. Whenever she even hears the word doctor, she says, "no more monkey jump on bed!" And shakes her finger like she's scolding them! She also has a sock monkey she does this to on a daily basis. It's adorable

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished