Thursday, April 5, 2012

Before and After

Warning: This post is about grass. b.o.r.i.n.g...

Since we moved into our home in 2008, we have longed to have grass in our backyard. We have planted various types of grass seed ourselves and even paid a landscaper to get grass to grow from seed. Each time a few sprouts would pop up and then it would die, even with regular watering.

Now that Beau is home and we know his personality, we realized how much he loves to be outside. Selfishly, I have always wanted grass for aesthetic purposes, but I also think Beau will be able to use our backyard more with grass.

So we bit the bullet and got sod.

Today was the installation day and it is looking great.

Here are a few before shots of our back yard:





Here are some shots of the yard as it was being tilled and prepared for the sod:




And now, drumroll please...

We have grass!




Like most home projects, there was one little problem. They ran out of sod as they were finishing the yard. I think the installers thought I was going to be really mad and were surprised about how laid back I was about it. In the big scheme of things, a little missing sod is definitely a little thing! And they are coming back next week to finish up the project, so it really is not a big deal at all.

I am really happy that we will have grass in our backyard! Crossing my fingers that we can keep it nice and healthy!

your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished