This is his 12 month appointment because he will turn one on Sunday. Technically his birthday will start Saturday night in the US since Korea is 13 hours ahead of Atlanta.
Here are Beau's current stats:
Height: 28.5 inches (He was 28.3 inches in May)
Weight: 18.5 pounds (He was 18.1 pounds in May)
It still says he is under 3 % in height and weight, but I think he will catch right up once he is home. :)
As far as the developmental milestones, he can pull up and he walks holding onto furniture. It also says that he waves bye-bye. He has never had this checked before, so this is a new skill that he has acquired. :)
He also says single syllables and imitates speech sounds. Finally, it is noted that he says umma, which is mom in Korean. Obviously he is referring to his foster mom when he says this.
It is hard to explain if you haven't been through an adoption, but there are lots of emotions that are associated with it. I want Beau home so much, but it also breaks my heart to think of him leaving the foster family that he has known for the past year. I want to kiss his chubby cheeks and squeeze his cute little toes. Raleigh and I have been preparing for him for years. The Lord put adoption on our hearts in the Spring of 2008. So it has been 3 years of preparation for us. (We attended our first meeting at our adoption agency on June 26th 2008...Beau's birthday! Beau was born June 26, 2010.) But for Beau, all he knows is his foster family. I know they love him very much and I'm sure he loves them very much too. He has no idea that his little world is about to change. I will be forever grateful to Beau's foster mom for taking such good care of him and loving him so well for the first year of his life.
Raleigh and I pray every single night for the Lord to be preparing Beau's heart. I am so happy to know that Beau's first word is umma, mom. It is a special part of his story and I am thankful that he has a strong attachment to his foster family. In time, this will help him attach to us, his forever family.
I am so thankful that we received a June WBC. Our social worker also confirmed that our Class B Waiver will arrive in Korea on Monday.
Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys got Beau's WBC this month!! Him and Oliver are so close in height and weight! I love it! That is so sweet that he is waving bye bye!! Melts my heart! I can't tell you how excited I am for the next couple weeks. I just know you are going to get the call very very soon!! Your sweet Beau is going to be coming home!! Oh and Yay for the Class B news!!!
ReplyDelete