Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my dad, Raleigh's dad, and Raleigh!

Thanks dad for being the best dad a girl could ask for! You are self-less and have always done for others in big ways. You never made me order off of the kids menu when I was a little girl and I really liked that! Thanks for always driving me to school, picking me up from school and taking all my friends home too! You probably spent more in gas money taking me to work when I was 15 than I actually made, but it was fun to get tater tots everyday at Sonic! Also, thanks for driving to Samford countless times to pick me up and take me home to Nashville for holidays because I didn't like driving. Well....let's be honest, I still don't like driving, but now Raleigh has the "pleasure" of driving me around! You are so brave and you never complain. You've kicked lupus and cancer in the butt and I know that your best years are still to come! I see lots of years of beach vacations in our future! Beau is going to love playing with you and finding treasures in the garage. Happy Father's Day dad!

My mom and dad in the 80's!
Helping dad open a new sweater for Christmas!
Daytona Beach with my dad and my sister Angie!
September 2010 from my mom's surprise birthday party that my dad planned.

Raleigh's dad is the best father-in-law a girl could ask for. Raleigh and I are so blessed to have you in our lives! You are always supportive as we journey through the crazy adventure of life. We can't wait for you to get to Atlanta in a few days! Hopefully Beau will be here then, but if not we'll still have fun! :) Happy Father's Day!

About 18 years ago in Mexico!
Another one of Beth, Isaac, Brandon, Raleigh, and some of their friends while living in Mexico.
This one was taken a couple of years ago in Birmingham.
November 2010 at the Thrashers vs. Red Wings hockey game

Dear sweet husband...Thank you for working so hard to take care of me. My dad always took care of me and my mom (well, he still does:) and we knew it would be hard for me to find a husband that would happily treat me the way I was used to being treated by my dad. My mom knew you were "the one" when you helped me move rooms at Samford. You wearing those red tennis shoes and you made us all laugh with your witty sense of humor. Thank you for allowing me to take a year off of teaching to stay home with Beau. I never dreamed it would be possible, but we are going to make it work. I can't wait to see you with Beau. I will definitely be outnumbered with two boys in the house!! I see mud pies, boy scouts, and baseball in my future. I so love you and Beau is going to love having you as his dad. He might not know it at first, but his love will grow over time. I'm excited to journey through parenthood with you. We won't always get it right, but we have an inheritance from the Lord of growing up in Christian homes with parents that love each other very much. Where we fall short, the Lord will fill in the gaps. Happy Father's Day Raleigh!
your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished