But don’t forget that as His followers, God also desires to know us intimately and provide for our seemingly small needs. So…for my first Thankful Thursday I’d like to share an example of how God knows me personally and provides for even my smallest needs.
I’ve been going to the same hair salon since we moved to Atlanta 3 years ago. I did like my stylist, but he was not cheap. Recently Raleigh and I have been really trying to look at our finances and make sure we are being good stewards of our money. So I’ve been praying about ways to save money on my hair cuts. Raleigh and I actually went to the mall and I almost went to one of the salons in the mall (it would have been a huge savings) but I just couldn’t do it. I guess I am that prideful.
Anyway, at the beginning of May my stylist left the salon to start his own shop. I checked it out online but he was still charging the same amount for a regular hair cut so that didn’t really solve my problem. So I’ve just been waiting to get a hair cut. I figured I could at least wait until the start of school.
Well, one day when I opened the mail I noticed an envelope from my hair salon. They are trying to keep the clients that used to go to my old stylist by offering an incentive. The letter was basically a coupon to be used on my next three visits. I would get 30%, 40%, and then 50% off my next three visits. Also, my stylist used to have an apprentice, but now the apprentice has her own booth and her prices are almost half of what I was paying before. Yippee Jesus!!!
As if this wasn’t enough, a couple of weeks later I got another letter in the mail from my salon. This time it was a gift card for $150.00!!! WOW!!! See, God does care about us in ways that we cannot even fathom and He wants to bless us in ways that we cannot even imagine.
What are you thankful for today?
I'm thankful for my friend Bridgette who keeps me on my toes with being budget savvy!
ReplyDeleteChristina
oh my goodness, that is awesome!! wow!!! so happy it all worked out and you still get to use the same salon!
ReplyDelete