Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Games for School

I've been making a few new games for school that I thought I would share. If you have a school-aged child and are looking for fun ways to practice sight words and basic reading skills, I recommend visiting Kelly's Kindergarten. I like her site because most games are in Microsoft Word format so you can easily change the letters/words to make the skill appropriate for any child. Even though the games are designed to be played a certain way (example: Memory) they can all be played in a variety of ways to keep things interesting!

Here are a few of the things I've made...

Sight Word Go Fish or Memory- Finding Nemo style

Raking Leaves Rhyming Game


Princess Color Word Memory


Monster's Inc. Color Word Memory

This game can be used with virtually any math or reading skill. Each child gets a puzzle base. All of the puzzle pieces are face down on the table. You also need an additional set of skill cards, or the teacher can orally ask questions. If the child answers correctly he or she gets a puzzle piece. If the child needs the piece to complete his puzzle, he keeps it. If not, he gives the piece to another player who needs it. The first player to complete the puzzle wins.



your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished