Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What's for Dinner?

When my parents came to visit us in April, my mom helped me plant a few pots of flowers and a pot of basil. Well, the basil is so yummy and has resulted in several batches of homemade pesto. Who knew making pesto in the food processor was so easy?

Well as I was making my menu/grocery list for the week I realized I had several tubs of homemade pesto with a little bit left in each tub. I'm not sure how that happened, but anyhow I decided to find a recipe to use all of the leftover pesto before it went bad.

Then I remembered the Hope's Gardens website. When Raleigh and I first moved to Atlanta, we rented a cozy little guesthouse in Buckhead. Our neighbors started making homemade pesto and selling it at the local farmer's market. The pesto was delicious and they now have a business called Hope's Gardens. You should go check it out for other yummy recipes. This is what I found....

Pesto Lasagna

Oven Ready Lasagna (this is such a time saver)
15 oz. container Ricotta Cheese
Shredded Cheese (select desired cheese) (use whatever you have in the fridge)
1 egg (I forget to put this in and it still turned out great)
Tomato Sauce (I used a jar of spaghetti sauce because that is what I had)
Hope’s Gardens Pesto
Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
Drizzle Olive Oil in deep baking dish. In separate bowl blend ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 2 cups shredded cheese, 2 oz. of Hope’s Gardens Pesto, salt and pepper. Spread one cup of tomato sauce in baking dish, top with lasagna sheets. Spread 1/3 of blended cheese and pesto mix on top, repeat layering (tomato sauce, lasagna sheets, blended cheese mix) until you have three layers. Top with 1 cup shredded cheese and spoonfuls of Hope’s Gardens Pesto. Cover with silver foil and place in 375 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.

I think it turned out yummy and it was SOO easy and inexpensive!


your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished