Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Palmer {at 6 months}

I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't know how in the world it is possible for Palmer to be 7 months old tomorrow.
It seems like this was just yesterday! 

I guess the hands of time are not going to slow down, so I will just have to roll with it.  Since Palmer will be 7 months old tomorrow, I want to take a minute to record my memories of him at 6 months old.  

I guess the biggest change this month has been eating! Palmer is now eating baby food three times a day.  He has enjoyed a variety of homemade purrees including avocados, green beans, peas, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, black beans, apples and bananas.  I'm sure there are a few more, but those are the first that come to mind.  He has also enjoyed lots of store bought baby food.  We kind of skipped the stage 1 foods I guess because he ate homemade baby food the first few weeks.  Then we went to Nashville for a week and used jarred food.  When we tried the stage 1 foods, they were very runny compared to the homemade purrees I had made.  Since he never seemed to mind the thicker consistency, we bought mostly stage 2s.  He really has seemed to like everything, but surprisingly his least favorite seems to be bananas.  I think his favorite is probably sweet potatoes mixed with a dash of apples.  Yum! 

Another milestone is that Palmer's first teeth popped up on Sunday, November 10th.  We went to bed Saturday night and you couldn't see any signs of teething.  But when we woke up Sunday morning his two little bottom teeth were peeking out through his gums.  So much cuteness! I was so happy to see his little precious baby teeth coming in but I was also sad as it seems like his is growing up so fast! 

Palmer's balance has really improved and he has become an excellent sitter.  Last month he could balance for only a few seconds and had to use his hands as a tripod.  Now he can sit for extended periods without propping himself with his hands.  

He is not crawling, but gets around by rolling and scooting.  He does seem motivated by toys and definitely tries to get to things he wants.  Most things still go straight to his mouth.  I guess especially now that he is teething, it probably feels good on his gums.  

Isn't it funny how kids love household items instead of just toys?  Palmer loves the pack of costco wipes! They make a really appealing crinkly noise and he loves playing with the package.  

Palmer is still wearing size 2 diapers, although we will probably buy size 3s next time we order a box.  He is wearing size 6-9 month clothes, but the 6 months clothes are getting a little snug and small.  My mom recently ordered him a Mini Boden romper and pants that I had picked out and they are size 6-12 months and fit great.  The pants fit, but have room to grow.  

Palmer's hair is getting longer and seems to stick up in the middle.  Our pediatrician mentioned that he has 2 crowns ( I think that is how you describe it) and so his hair will naturally stand up until it is longer and the weight of it helps it lay flat.

Palmer and Beau are developing a really special relationship and I tell them every single day that they are so lucky to be brothers.  Beau loves kissing Palmer.  When it is time for Palmer to take a nap, Beau is insistent that he and everyone else in the house give him a kiss before bed. He also loves checking the baby monitor when Palmer is napping and he is so excited to let me know when Palmer wakes up. 

Palmer usually goes to bed between 7 and 8 (just depending on the night) and wakes up between 6 and 7.  

Palmer is just a delightful addition to our family and the perfect blessing that arrived at the perfect time.  























your photo name

2 comments :

  1. So cute! I can't get over how much he resembles your Dad, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all his little hats! By the way, I have a double crown too! When he gets older, it will give his hair a natural pouf! It will be cute! I have grown to love mine!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished