Monday, September 17, 2012

Week Two

Last week was the second week of preschool for Beau.  It has been a growing experience for all of us! It has been growing my prayer life because I pray for my little guy the whole time he is there.  I mean so far I haven't done anything "productive" while Beau is in school because I am so focused on praying that the Holy Spirit would capture his heart and fill him with joy! (I know that praying is actually the most productive thing I could ever do in terms of raising Beau, but you know what I mean.)

Beau still cries at drop-off everyday, but he doesn't hang on to me.  He does go to his teacher.  I just drop him off and leave right away.  I know from my time as a teacher that it does no good (in most situations) for the parent to linger.  Usually the teacher is better at distracting the child once the parent is gone, and this is what I hope happens.  I always tell them to call me if he is still upset after 30 minutes and so far they haven't called.  He does like to sit with the teacher some, but I am totally ok with that.  Baby steps is what we are going for! Here are a couple of pictures the teachers shared from last week.  (I know he isn't smiling all the time at school and the teachers obviously share the "happy" pictures, but it is still good to see a smile while he is at school!)




your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished