If you guessed Minnie Pearl, you are right! Do you know Minnie Pearl? Her married name was Sarah Cannon and her stage name at the Grand Ole Opry was Minnie Pearl. She was a member of the Grand Ole Opry cast for over 50 years and she was famous for wearing a straw hat with a price tag dangling on it. She also always said, "How-dee!" So there's a little Nashville trivia for you!
Minnie Pearl developed breast cancer later in her life and became an advocate for cancer research. The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center was named in her honor. People travel from all over the country to participate in clinical trials and receive treatment at this location. My dad is so blessed to have this great resource right in his community. While we wish he didn't have to go there at all, we are thankful that it is so close.
Today we visited the Sarah Cannon Cancer Center for a visit with my dad's radiation oncologist. While we were waiting, Beau found a Bible to read with Nana! He has recently started saying the word Bible! It is super cute and it actually is one of the clearest words he says!
Then Beau decided to go keep Pipi company while he filled out his paperwork!
Once Nana and Pipi went back to the appointment, Beau discovered the suckers at the nurse's station. Once I thought about it, I realized this was his very first sucker!
He even shared a little with his teddy bear!
As we were getting ready to leave, I noticed this display all about Minnie Pearl. And there is one of her famous straw hats with a price tag still attached!
Oh, I am a big fan of Minnie Pearl! When I was in Nashville on a high school trip, I bought one of those little cardboard faces of her (like, on a stick)--it had its own price tag dangling from her hat. HAHAHA! Remember Hee Haw? Hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee ... HEE-HAW!
ReplyDelete