Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Early Intervention Update

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Beau's pediatrician recommended speech therapy, so I thought I would give you a quick update on that.

I hate to be a debbie downer, but so far I have been unimpressed with our state's early intervention program.  After lots of phone calls and messages over the course of a month I finally got Beau an appointment.

We were scheduled to have our first of two evaluation appointments yesterday at our home.  The time for our appointment came and went and no one ever came.  I decided to wait about an hour past our appointment time before calling, because I know Atlanta traffic can be unpredictable.

I eventually did call and talk to the lady that had been assigned our case and she apologized and said she forgot our appointment.  She went on to say that they are very busy so it would be a while before she could re-schedule his appointment.  I very nicely explained that waiting much longer would be unacceptable since it was not our fault that she had missed the appointment.  I of course said it much better than that, but that was the point.

After a few more phone calls and messages, we have been re-scheduled for next Monday and Tuesday.  Monday is called "intake" which seems like it will be mostly paperwork and Tuesday is the actual evaluation.  We'll see how it goes!

On a lighter note, Beau took puppy to Publix today! He really was happy, I just couldn't get a picture of him looking at my camera phone.


your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished