Beau and his Mimi (a.k.a Raleigh's mom)
Beau and Me
Today we headed to our local social security office and we had a GREAT experience! Yippee Jesus! The office opened at 8:30 and we arrived at approximately 9:00. We packed tons of snacks and activities for Beau, just in case we were there for several hours.
Guess how long the process took? Really, take a guess...6 minutes!!! I'm not even kidding!!!
As soon as we arrived we took a ticket and sat down. There were lots of people already waiting, but our ticket number was called as soon as we sat down!
We went to our assigned window and I explained that I was applying for a social security card for my son. I gave her Beau's birth certificate, his passport, and our adoption decree. I also gave her my driver's license for my id. After a few minutes, she gave me a paper to verify that she had typed all of Beau's information correctly. It was all correct! She printed us a receipt and we were done! I couldn't believe it!
I brought TONS of extra paperwork, just in case they asked to see any additional documentation, but the process was easy and painless! She said we should expect to get Beau's card in the mail within 10 days.
Of all the times we had to work with a government office during the adoption process, this was by far the easiest!
AWESOME!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! So happy it wasn't a long drawn out day!! That's how all government offices should be like right? ;)
ReplyDeleteHooray!!!
ReplyDelete