Friday, August 12, 2011

Progress: The Highchair

The first few times we tried the highchair it was a disaster didn't go so well. I did enjoy having Beau sit on my lap during meals, but he is an active 13 month old, so it was challenging. I didn't feel like he was eating enough that way and I wasn't able to eat much either. We kept trying the highchair each day. If he screamed, we took him out and tried again the next day. Finally, he sat down and actually liked it!!! We are now eating lunch and dinner at the table with Beau in his highchair!

As far as table food goes he has eaten 2 jars of baby food (pears and bananas). He will occasionally eat strawberry yogurt, but it takes several meal times to eat an entire container of yogurt. He will also sometimes eat applesauce. Also, he likes graham crackers. We continue to give him small bites of lots of fruits and vegetables. Sometimes he will chew them, but then spit them out. We will continue trying lots of new foods as he discovers new flavors!

Our best table food option is rice with sesame oil and tiny bits of bulgogi (Korean bbq). He will eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We did find that he will store the meat in his mouth if you feed it to him apart from the rice. However, if you put rice on the spoon and a tiny bite of meat, he will chew and swallow it all. He is still taking a lot of bottles during the day and about 3 each night, but we have transitioned him to mostly whole milk with only 1/2 scoop of formula mixed in. Pretty soon, we will have gradually removed all of the formula so that he is just drinking the whole milk. Since he is 13 months old, our pediatrician suggested we transition him to whole milk.

Here are a few picks of Beau in the highchair.

Let's eat!
This boy LOVES seaweed!
All smiles! (He can't actually feed himself with the spoon he is holding, but we give it to him to hold sometimes during meals so that he can start experimenting. It sure it messy, but he will never learn if we don't let him practice. If nothing else, he gets used to how it feels in his hand.)
All finished!

your photo name

5 comments :

  1. I love that he is SMILING in ALL pictures now!!!! He knows he is home and he is loved. He is too cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bridgette, keep the updates coming. I am loving getting to see how Beau is making his transition into such a wonderful family. Every time, I hear that Swittchfoot song, This is Home, I just think about Beau and cry the whole song. Watching this process has been so precious to witness! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is ADORABLE! Seriously beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet smile Beau has! I love it! Yay!! So happy he's loving his highchair now!! I love reading about all the things you guys are learning about your sweet Beau!! It's so amazing to see so many pictures of him now and his smile is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charity12:46 PM

    Loving those smiles!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished