Since this blog is one way that Raleigh and I document our adoption process, I wanted to note that today marks 15 months of "officially" waiting for our referral. The official waiting started when our home study (paperwork) was approved.
When our paperwork was originally approved (July 30, 2009) our agency was estimating a 12 month wait from approval to referral. At that point, we assumed that we would have our little treasure home by this Christmas. Througout our wait, the timeframe increased to 14 months and now 18 months. We know that these are just estimates and only God knows for sure when we will see our child's face for the first time.
I am so thankful for Raleigh because he is great at reminding me to cherish the time we have together as a couple. Thank you Raleigh for loving me so well!
No comments :
Post a Comment