Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend was fun and filled with memories!  We arrived in Nashville Friday evening and headed out to a food truck event! It was awesome and very crowded! 


Beau chose bibimbap and this is his "it's too spicy" face! In his defense, it was really spicy.  

 Saturday morning, my cousin Sarah graduated from Belmont! Congrats Sarah! We are so proud of you!  My mom led the benediction at graduation, which was extra special since Sarah was graduating.  




 
 We had some outside fun!  

I just love this picture! Of course they get frustrated with each other sometimes, like any brothers, but they really love each other so much and have an incredible bond! 

 We grabbed a quick family shot on Mother's Day.  I sure am a blessed mama of three handsome boys! 

Sunday afternoon we drove home through Birmingham and made a quick stop at our alma mater.... Samford.  It was such a joy to watch the boys run around the campus. 

When I visited Samford as a high school student, I felt at "home" and knew that is where I wanted to spend my college career.  Over ten years later, and it still feels like home.  It truly is a special place.  



A quick Samford selfie! 

I did find it odd, that the Samford students called me "ma'am."  In my heart, I still feel like a teenager.  But I guess 10+ years and 3 kids post college, makes me a "ma'am." 

I can't finish a post about Mother's Day weekend without a shout out to my amazing mom and my awesome mother-in-law.  

I am constantly learning how to be a better mom by watching my mom.  She is still mothering me and is also now an incredible nana! My gracious mom recently flew with me and the boys to Colorado.  After the flight home, the people in the row in front of her commented on how patient she was the entire flight and told her they enjoyed listening to her sing.  {She held and sang to Palmer for almost three hours.} Mom, I love you.  You are a rock star, my mentor, and so talented at so many varied things! The fruits of the spirit are evident in your life and it is contagious to be around someone who exudes that much love and joy!  Happy {very belated} Mother's Day! 

Mimi, you are such an inspiration for raising three awesome sons {and an awesome daughter, too}.  I know I have so much to continue learning from you about raising men who love Jesus! You serve your people well and are a servant in so many areas of your life...selflessly giving of your time and resources.  Thank you for all you do to make us feel so loved!   Happy Mother's Day to you! 

Beau, Palmer and Rhodes are beyond blessed to have such a special Nana and incredible Mimi! 
your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished