....always a teacher...or something like that.
I wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. "Playing school" was always my favorite activity growing up. I was blessed to teach kindergarten before Beau came home and now I'm blessed to "play school" with him.
Here's a little peak at a few things we've enjoyed recently
Drawing Rainbows...still not sure if he is a lefty or righty
Name race tracks!
Showing me he got a little stick glue on his finger! Speaking of stick glue, he is very meticulous. He will roll it down and put the lid on between every single piece he glues. While I admire his attention to detail, I imagine I would be telling him to work a little faster if he was one of 25 in a kindergarten class. Ha!
He was able to independently recognize and sequence numbers 1-10. He was not able to cut the pieces out, so we'll keep working on our cutting skills. He says it hurts his hands, so I think we need to have some fun with clay and strengthen those cute little fingers.
Beau's favorite book right now is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, so we enjoyed a name activity based on that. Beau wrote his name independently. I helped with the 4.
Beau is really into rainbows right now, so we did some tissue paper art! Once again, he is very careful with liquid glue. If I tell him, "just a dot will do" he will use the tiniest dot you have every seen. I usually have to tell him to add more! I can only imagine that Palmer will be the exact opposite and will happily use half a bottle of glue on one art project! Love seeing their different personalities!
Color Collages! Beau did the finding and sorting, but I did the cutting. He was so pumped we found the Pirate Booty man in a red shirt!
Not sure why this one loaded upside down, but Beau had a great time with this activity. He has definitely not mastered 1-to-1 correspondence, but he had fun practicing with this number book! Do a Dot markers rock!










You are a great teacher :)
ReplyDelete