Today we celebrate a big day in our family...the day Beau came home!
Three years ago today he made his grand entrance into our home, even though he had been in our hearts for many months!
Three years ago today he made his grand entrance into our home, even though he had been in our hearts for many months!
I still remember it like it was yesterday! I made our family get to the airport really early, just in case his flight was early. We ate Chipotle on the way, which looking back, was an odd choice. I still can't believe all our friends that showed us to support Beau's homecoming. God was and is in the details.
So much anticipation!
And so much joy!
He was finally in our arms! A miracle of tremendous proportions that I will never take lightly!
And in our home!
When I look back at those early days, weeks, and months, I am even more aware of how scared he must have been. I honestly can't imagine sending Palmer across the globe with a stranger and only a few belongings.
He constantly clutched {for weeks} a Korean potato stick that his foster family sent with him. While we were experiencing great joy in having him home, he had lost everything he had ever known.
Now, having the joy of knowing Beau's true personality, he is extremely observant of his environment. He is quite detail oriented and I think proximity is his love language, lol!
Being taken away from his environment and foster family at 13 months was no doubt a challenge on his sensitive soul. He feels deeply, which I totally get because I'm the same way.
But now, at three years home I believe his true self is shining through. Don't get me wrong, he was always a complete delight! But he has really come out of his shell. He is pure joy!
I teared up the other day talking to Raleigh and thanking God for what a special boy he is. He loves fiercely. His smile is contagious. I melt when he says, "Thank you Jesus for the breeze" especially with the added cuteness of articulation errors. He is super proud of himself when he learns new things and is really into letters and numbers right now. He raises his hands when singing his favorite songs "Oceans" and "10,000 Reasons." He tells Palmer, "You are so cute" almost every morning. His favorite place to be is home, but he is happy to be out and about too. He loves going to Publix and almost always requests meat and nuts (almonds) and milk. It is true that with two growing boys, we need milk almost every trip to Publix. I could go on and on and maybe I'll do another update post soon, all about Beau at 4 years old. He's only a month into being 4, but so far it is such a fun age!
Beau, you rocked our world in the best way possible. God is constantly using you to remind me what is really important in life. I pray everyday you will be strong and mighty in the Lord. I have no doubt that God has big plans for you buddy! I pray the Lord would draw you close to Him and that you will ask Jesus into your heart at a young age.
Happy Three Years Home Beau!
You are loved more than you know!



















I really liked this post! The videos and photos are bautiful!
ReplyDeletePrecious, precious boy! There is so much I like about this post and the range of emotions that comes through. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete