Here is the before:
{a bit boring plain}
And here is the after:
{vignette 1: a G for her last name, a picture of my mom and dad at the beach from last year, and a little quote block}
{vignette 2: a lantern with candle from my dad's memorial service and a dried hydrangea that she has had a long time}
{this is a close up of the mirror...we are contemplating painting it silver or black}
Now the fun part! What do you think? How could we update the mantle? Start from scratch? Add more?
Yes, we already consulted pintrest, but honestly there is SO much out there, it is a bit overwhelming.
So, any ideas? Let me know!
I am really big on clustering photos on walls with a mirror as a focal point. The internet gives so many cool options for hanging photos and prints in an interesting way. It really is a good way to fill a wall and add interest.
ReplyDeleteLooks good! {This is coming from someone with nothing on her mantle--well, except for maybe a stack of birthday cards that I put up there so they wouldn't get carried off by little hands. ha!) I really like what you all have done. I love all the pieces--and I especially love the meaning/sentiment behind the things. (Have you read that Nate Berkus book?) Anyway, it seems like there should be maybe a little bit more height on the one side to balance out the height of the lantern? But that could just be me. ;)
ReplyDeleteI was looking at it again and you could print the photo a little larger or perhaps stack the photo on top of something else, like some books or something? Just an idea.
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas Kimmie and Karen!
ReplyDeleteKimmie, I do love a good photo collage/cluster!
Karen, you are right...one side needs some height! Haven't read that book. Will look it up!