Thursday, June 6, 2013

Palmer at 7 weeks

I absolutely cannot believe that precious little Palmer is already 7 weeks 4 days old!  I hope time will slow down just a little so I can continue to cherish these newborn days.

Since he seems to be growing up before my very eyes, I thought I better write down a few things about Palmer so that I do not forget!

  • Eats every two hours during the day.
  • The last few nights, he has eaten at 9 pm and been asleep by 10 pm and slept until 3 am! Woop Woop! Getting more than an hour of sleep at a time does wonders for my mind, body, and spirit! Then, at 3 am it is hit or miss.  Some nights he has eaten and been back to sleep by 4 am and then up for good at 6 am.  Some nights he has eaten at 3 am and then been up until about 6 am.  Hopefully we will continue the trend of eating at 9 pm, 3 am, and 6 am with sleep in between each feeding. 
  • Palmer sleeps in the bassinet of the pack and play in our room at night.  We normally turn on the vibrating feature of the bassinet.  However, last night the batteries ran out and he didn't wake up.  If Palmer is fussy during the night, sometimes he will calm down if you just turn on the lights.  Not a dim night light, but a bright lamp or overhead light.  I guess if he is awake he wants to be able to look around and see things.  
  • Palmer normally sleeps in a plain white onesie and we swaddle him in 2 Aden and Anais blankets.  If you only use one blanket, he wiggles right out! Plus, we keep our house pretty cool at night and the blankets are very thin.  He stays warm and snuggly in two! 
  • He is growing!  He has outgrown almost all of his newborn clothes!! He is now wearing 0-3 months and a few of the smaller 3 month outfits.
  • We are almost out of Huggies newborn diapers and are considering going up to size 1 when we order our next box.  The newborn diapers still fit, but they are getting a bit snug and I hate to think that they might pinch his little skin.
  • He has lost most of his baby hair.  There is still a tuft of hair on the top of his head.  It really looks curly and red, but I know the color and texture may change as new hair starts coming in.
  • He loves bath time but hates when bath is over.  His little lower lip quivers when I take him out of the bath and he acts like he will never be warm again. Ha! But once he is all dry and cozy in new clothes and a blanket, he is happy again.
  • We have no sleep schedule during the day.  He pretty much just eats and sleeps when he wants during the day and at this point I am in no hurry to force a schedule.  Life is full of schedules.  For now I just let him sleep if he falls asleep.  
  • When he gets fussy, he can usually be soothed if you stand up and walk him around.  He likes to be held tightly.  He loves the hum of the hair dryer, vacuum, shower, and microwave fan.  
  • Sometimes he likes his paci and sometimes he doesn't.  It just depends on his mood, I guess.
  • When he fills his diaper, it sounds so loud!  But when you change him, there is just little baby poo.  The sound is much more dramatic than the actual amount of poo produced.  TMI, I know.
  • He smiles! His first "recorded" smile based on interaction (not just a random smile) was May 25. He smiled at my sister Angie and my mom when they were talking to him and playing with him.
  • He smiled at me for the first time later that week, but I didn't record the date. Sometimes he laughs when Beau laughs.  He smiles for Raleigh too.
  • Speaking of Beau, Palmer will be tough! I guess that is true of all second children.  Beau is learning to be gentle, but he is all boy and plays hard! Sometimes his big boy movements get dangerously close to Palmer.  He has almost sat right on top of Palmer multiple times.  He is never being malicious, just playing.  
  • Beau is an awesome big brother!  I hope Beau and Palmer grow up to have a really close relationship and spur one another on to be warriors for the Lord.  
All the pictures below are all from my phone, so many of them are a little blurry.  Haven't had a chance to get pictures from the camera to the computer yet..





























your photo name

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished