We had been waiting all week to hear whether or not the waiting child committee selected us as Beau's parents. We knew it was happening that week, but we were not told which day. Well, Monday through Thursday passed without any news, so we knew Friday was the big day. I had the day off of work last year because it was President's Day weekend. I stayed home all morning, but my nerves were starting to get to me so I decided to go to the mall. I was in the Lucky store buying Raleigh a pair of jeans at approximately 3:00 when my phone rang. It was the director of our agency's Atlanta office and our social worker. They told me that we had a son! It was such amazing news! I was so excited and I was crying in the middle of the mall! Ha! Ha! Random people came up to me to make sure I was ok and the clerk from the Lucky store brought me some tissues. It was amazing and I immediately called Raleigh. He was in a meeting, but he stepped out to take my call since he knew we were expecting the big news!
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about yougirl (Beau)
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.







I loved Beau from the first moment I saw his picture on February 4th. I loved him on February 18th when we became his parents. And now he has been home almost 7 months and I love him even more.
It makes me think of the song "I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley:
Now you're my whole life now you're my whole world
I just can't believe the way I feel about you
Like a river meets the sea
Stronger than it's ever been
We've come so far since that day
And I thought I loved you then.
Last year we spent our referral night in Nashville and we were in Nashville this year as well!
Beau had fun playing at Nana and Pipi's house Saturday morning!
He even learned how to say nana!
Saturday night we went to a Belmont University basketball game.
Aren't my mom and dad cute?!
My cousin Sarah (above) is a cheerleader at Belmont and it was her birthday!
Here are some of the cousins: Sarah, Kaitlin, me and Erica
Beau did really well at the game! Here he is looking at the pep band! Our seats were right across from the band and he really liked watching them!
Here is my cousin Kaitlin and her boyfriend Kevin. I didn't get a picture of Erica's husband Matt, but he was there too!
It was a wonderful way to spend Beau's referral anniversary! We stayed through half-time of the men's basketball game and then we headed back to my parents house because Beau was getting really tired. He fell sound asleep, which was a huge blessing! We've always had a bit of trouble figuring out the best sleeping arrangement for Beau when we are away from home, but I think we figured it out.
We brought an air mattress with us and put it on the floor of the guest bedroom. You see, at home Beau sleeps on a twin mattress on the floor of his nursery. So, the twin air mattress creates a space that is really similar to what he is accustomed to. It looks like we will be traveling with an air mattress for a while!
When we woke up Sunday morning, it was snowing!! So pretty! It was a wonderful weekend in Nashville! It would have only been better if we could have stayed longer!
Happy Referral Anniversary Beau! We love you!
Yay! Happy Referral Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Referral Anniversary! And I am right there with you, I can't believe it has been a year already!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Referral Day! So fun to celebrate those special days and thank the Lord for all that He has done!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Referral Day! Sounds like it was lovely! What a precious blessing!!
ReplyDelete