Wednesday, December 14, 2011

We are Home!

Thank you for all of your prayers for us today! Beau did so great today at the hospital and I know it is because we were covered in prayer! Our nurses were really nice and helped us feel very comfortable. Beau of course still cried, but he never got totally out of control.

And the best part? We were home by lunch!!! We arrived to the hospital at 6:00am and were already in our room by 6:15am and the nurses took Beau's vital signs. The doctors, nurses, and anesthesiologist all came to see us by 7:00am and they were ready to start by 7:15am. After a little "happy juice" they wheeled Beau away.

The doctor said everything went well and we will go back on December 22nd for another kidney scan. Hopefully the scan will show that the surgeries worked to clear the blockage in Beau's ureter.

Beau is asleep in bed now and I am so thankful that today was a success!





Oh, one funny thing...Raleigh and were eager to have Beau weighed while we were there because we were just sure he had gained weight. He really eats a lot and seems to have gotten bigger over the last month. We were shocked to see the results were 9.2 kilograms which is 20.2 pounds. Beau has maintained his weight at 20 pounds for the last 3 months. Oh well! :) Raleigh and I thought is was funny because I was just positive he had gained a pound or two. Maybe next month! :)
your photo name

2 comments :

  1. What a tough little boy! I'm so happy things went well. Way to go Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy it all went so well today Bridgette!! I will continue to say prayers for the 22nd and that the scan shows wonderful news!! Beau looks so very sweet in his Christmas pjs!! Love picture #3!! That is so funny about Beau's weight...Oliver is doing the same. I'm not sure about his eating habits but he did not gain much of anything since his October WBC.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished