When I got back to our beach chairs, I noticed that I had 2 missed calls. One from Bethany (our adoption agency) and one from Raleigh. I called Raleigh first and asked him if he had talked to Bethany. He said that he hadn't and told me I should call them. (Even though Raleigh came to the beach, he had to stay inside the condo and work.) I listened to the voicemail that our social worker had left and it just said to call her. So, I called our agency and asked to speak with our social worker. She picked up and also the director of the agency was on the phone too. They asked if I knew why they were calling, and I said, "I hope so."
They said that Beau was coming home!!!!!!! Beau is arriving home Thursday, July 28th at 3:44 in the afternoon. He is being escorted to the Atlanta airport. We are overwhelmed with joy. There really are no words to describe how we are feeling right now. I cannot wait to see my baby boy for the first time! I have studied the pictures we have of him. I wonder if he will look the same as he does in his last picture that we received in May? We know he weighs about 18 pounds. How will that feel in my arms? Has he had a haircut since his last picture or will it look the same? What will he be wearing? Will he be scared? Will he be awake or asleep?
Oh, the joy of seeing Beau for the first time!
~We applied to work with our agency's Korea program on October 4, 2008.
~We were placed on a waiting list.
~In February of 2009, we made our agency's annual "quota" and were allowed to begin working on our home study.
~We were HSTK July 30, 2009.
~After 18+ months of waiting for a referral, we saw our son's sweet face on February 4th, 2011 on a waiting child email from our agency.
~We officially became his parents on February 18, 2011.
~And now Beau will be coming home on Thursday, July 28th!!!!!!
~We were placed on a waiting list.
~In February of 2009, we made our agency's annual "quota" and were allowed to begin working on our home study.
~We were HSTK July 30, 2009.
~After 18+ months of waiting for a referral, we saw our son's sweet face on February 4th, 2011 on a waiting child email from our agency.
~We officially became his parents on February 18, 2011.
~And now Beau will be coming home on Thursday, July 28th!!!!!!
The Lord has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:23
Congratulations a million times over!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. 18 lb will feel like a total lightweight, he's tiny!!!!! Briar weighed just under 18 lb when we traveled and she was so very small! She was in 6-9 month clothes. ;O)
Well, I just had a little cry about this:) I'm so happy for you guys and for Beau. Not long now, Mama. Congratulations. The patience you've acquired through this will serve you well in motherhood. Lots of love, Caroline
ReplyDeleteBridgette, I don't know if you remember me from Samford, but Leslie told me she saw you guys were adopting via facebook and gave me the link to your blog. We just finished our home study with Bethany so we are in the very beginning stages of an adoption from Colombia. Would love for you to email me at some point - it's nice to connect to other adoptive families! I also have a blog following our journey www.journey-of-hope.com. Congratulations on bringing Beau home VERY soon!!!
ReplyDelete