But sometimes my heart tells me differently. I pray for a miracle. Big miracles. I pray that our I-600 is approved quickly. I pray that we receive EP quickly. I pray that our son is home by his first birthday on June 26th.
You only become a mom for the first time once, and I want to enjoy all of it. I am trying to find the perfect balance. Loving and embracing the time with Raleigh, just us. Dreaming of what it will be like when there are three of us at home, instead of two. Knowing and trusting that God is in control of it all. He was in control in the spring of 2008 when He put adoption on our hearts. He was in control in February of 2009 when we made the quota. He was in control as we waited 18 months and 18 days for our referral. He is in control now.
People ask us a lot if we know when our son will be home. The answer is that we really have no idea. There are several things that have to happen on the US side and on the Korea side. For some families, the steps seem to move very quickly. For some families, the wait between each step is longer.
Raleigh is my rock and always reminds me that God gets the glory and is in control. I want to glorify Him by waiting with grace. Lord, grant me patience as we wait for each next step of the process.
Thank you Lord for the feeling of being a mom for the first time...pure joy as we dream of kissing his cute, chubby cheeks....praying over the picture of our sweet son...praying that he will come to know the Lord at an early age....dreaming of one day praying over him instead of just his picture.
I'm not really sure what this post was about, but I know this is a special season of life. Trying to cherish the time at home with Raleigh while also desperately wanting our son home.
I could not sum up my feelings right now any better. We received our referral last week and our little girls birthday is on July 8th so I am praying for a miracle too. Some days I love the hubby alone times and try to soak it up then the very next minute I am so twisted inside because I want our little one home so bad too.
ReplyDeleteLauren
www.howthebushgrows.com