
"If you have your Bible and I hope you do, I invite you to turn to..."
This is how David Platt begins many of his sermons at The Church at Brook Hills. One of the things that Raleigh and I miss the most about Birmingham is church. God is using David in mighty ways for his glory. I encourage you to visit the church's website and enjoy a message or two. A powerful teaching series is the Radical series.
Over the weekend, I discovered that David has also written a book, Radical, Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream. I read the book and there are so many great things to consider and I encourage you to read the book!! It will be worth your time. Basically, David invites us to consider in the teaching series and the book, that as followers of Christ and in lite of the dire spiritual and physical needs around the world, we are to live in a radically different way. Our life should be spent in radical abandonment to Jesus.
p. 93 Jesus simply, intentionally, systematically, patiently walked alongside 12 men. Disciples are not mass-produced. Making disciples is not an easy process. It is trying. It is messy. It is slow, tedious, even painful at times. It is all these things because it is relational. Jesus has not given us an effortless step-by-step formula for impacting nations for his glory. He has given us people, and he has said, "Live for them. Love them, serve them, and lead them. Lead them to follow me, and lead them to lead others to follow me. In the process you will multiply the gospel to the ends of the earth."
This makes me think of my own life. Who am I investing my life into so that they will one day go out and lead more people to Christ?
No comments :
Post a Comment