Saturday we had a fun afternoon on a "Korean outing" with our social worker and her husband, and 3 other Atlanta couples adopting from South Korea.
We started with lunch at Jang Won Jung. Raleigh had a beef dish, although I do not remember the actual name. I played it safe with Bibimbop. Raleigh and I have made this dish at home, but I must say that the authentic version was much tastier.
We started with lunch at Jang Won Jung. Raleigh had a beef dish, although I do not remember the actual name. I played it safe with Bibimbop. Raleigh and I have made this dish at home, but I must say that the authentic version was much tastier.
After lunch we went to World of Life bookstore. I was able to buy a few books that are written in both Korean and English. I bought a Korean/English baby alphabet book, a very simple children's Bible (more of a short story book), and Ten Commandments board book.
Next we went to a Korean baby store called Happy Land. There were lots of adorable clothes, shoes, and baby accessories.
Finally, we went to H-Mart and bought a few Korean groceries. Raleigh and I have been to H-Mart before, but it was nice to go with our social worker. She was born in Korea and moved to the US at age 8. She and her husband recommended a few snack foods and some vegetable dumplings.
It was a great day learning more about the Korean culture and getting to know other families in the process.
Our social worker did mention that referrals are currently taking closer to 14 months instead of 12 months. Our home study was approved July 30, 2009 so 14 months would be the end of September. We know that the timeline can change at any point and many factors impact how long it takes for each couple to recieve a referral. We will continue to trust God's timing. We know that He already knows the name and birthdate of our child. He will bring that child into our family in His perfect timing.
What a great outing! I'm so glad you've been able to connect with other waiting families. It can be so encouraging and helpful to have made friends who are going through/have gone through the same process and "get it."
ReplyDeleteI know the emotions that go with the excitement and the uncertainty of the process can vary from day to day. We're praying that you have peace and joy as you wait on God's timing for your family, and we'll be SO excited to hear when He brings you together!
It was so wonderful to meet you both on Saturday! I am finally getting around to posting about our outing. I am going to link to your post if you don't mind. :o) Hope to see you all again soon!
ReplyDelete