I have been following the blog of Katie Davis for several months now. Katie Davis (Amazima Ministries.org) is a 20 year old girl who lives in Uganda, has custody of 14 little girls, sends 400 children to school, and now has a feeding program. I originally found her blog because she is from my hometown, Brentwood, TN. Within a year , Amazima (which means THE TRUTH) has grown from 150 to 400 children. If you spend some time reading Katie’s blog I know that you will be both encouraged and challenged.
147 Million Orphans has partnered with Katie and Amazima Ministries. Their goal is to help as many people as possible to see the 147 million orphans worldwide as their brothers and sisters in Christ.
147 Million Orphans has also decided to partner with adoptive families to help them raise money to bring home beautiful treasures!
Raleigh and I are excited to announce that we will be selling 147 Million Orphans shirts. The purchase of each adult shirt feeds a child in Africa for two weeks. Please consider purchasing a shirt for yourself and others on your Christmas list! Simply click on the right side of the blog on "Gresham Adoption Fundraiser" to see the shirts. When I wear my 147 Million Orphans shirt it is a great conversation starter!
Did you know there are 147 million children worldwide who have lost one or both parents?
Every 14 seconds an AIDS death leaves another child orphaned.
Approximately 88 million orphans live in Asia.
Approximately 45 million orphans live in Africa.
Approximately 14 million orphans live in Latin America & the Caribbean.
Approximately 1 million children live in public care in Central and Eastern Europe
More than 800,000 children pass through America’s foster care system each year.
HI! My name is Karen, and I am not sure how I found your blog, but here I am. :o) We also are adopting from Korea and live in Atlanta. Our timelines are similar--we just had our USCIS fingerprinting last week (October 27). We also are using Bethany. Feel free to e-mail me at KarenAug22 at hotmail dot com. :o) Nice to meet you!
ReplyDelete